Article Submission Information
The Vibration Institute is always looking for article submissions for Vibrations magazine and welcomes Feature Articles, Technical Articles and Case Histories. The Technical Editor of Vibrations will review all submissions and you will be notified via e-mail of the acceptance of your article.
- Exposure to our subscribers
- Vibrations is published quarterly by the Vibration Institute - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. The current circulation is approximately 3,000 and growing.
- Recertification Points
- Points are earned at the following rates: 3.0 points per published article, and 2.0 additional points per technical presentation. Note: If a paper is published in a recognized publication and the paper is presented at a recognized conference by you, 5.0 total points are allowed.
- Include a cover letter and complete contact information including affiliation with the Institute (certified analyst, member), postal/mail address, e-mail address, and telephone number and whether the author(s) have published or submitted this article to any other publication.
- Submissions for feature articles, technical articles and case histories should be as follows:
- Feature Articles: 2,500 – 3,000 words and include figures and photos
- Technical Articles: 2,000 – 2,500 words and include figures and photos
- Case Histories: 500 – 1000 words and include figures and photos
- Article submissions must be prepared and e-mailed to the Vibration Institute as a word document and PDF in a 12 point Times New Roman font. If photos and figures are included they must be submitted, at the same time as the article, in a separate document, in color and black and white and referenced in the article as an “insert” (e.g. Insert Figure One here, Insert Table two here).
- Article submissions must include an abstract, key words, text, references, and as appropriate, figure legends, tables, and figures with a brief description for each.
- Article submission must include a short brief biography about the author and may include current work experience, education, credentials, e-mail address and black and white photo in a JPG format.
- All articles will be subject to an editorial review for grammar and style according to VI Style Guidelines and submitted to the author for review.
- Any article submissions must be 100% exclusively owned by the author. Upon acceptance of an article, the author will be asked to sign and return the Vibrations Publishing Release Form.
- Submit your article only once. Duplicate submissions will not be accepted.
- Submissions that are commercial or advertorial in content will not be accepted. This includes: advertisements, sales letters, promotional copy, or articles with blatant/excessive self-promotion.
- Any links referenced in the article body should relate to, or support, your article content.
- References should be cited in the text by placing Arabic numerals in brackets  immediately after the reference, author's name or the relevant statement. All references must be cited; any not cited must be placed in a bibliography which should follow the Reference section. References and Bibliography should appear at the end of the paper. References must be complete and include the author(s)' initials and last name, title of paper or book, name of journal, year of publication, volume and pages on which the article appears, etc. Please reference only currently available publications.
Please submit your article to:
Vibrations– Article Submission
The Technical Editor and/or Editor of Vibrations will review all submissions and you will be notified via e-mail of the acceptance of your article.